Hello beautiful people! I hope life is smiling at you!
Do you have everything prepared for Thanksgiving?! It’s only in 2 days!
I have to be honest, before moving to the US, I wasn’t aware of this Holiday.
Any celebration that brings families together is pretty awesome. Too bad I have no family in Town.
For those who will spend Thanksgiving with family and friends, here is a recipe to bring to the table the classic apple pie in a more original way…
I prepared Apple pie fries! How delicious does that sound? Nope, they’re not fried, they’re baked “)
This appetizer/dessert will make you look like a Masterchef in front of your guests!
Little ones and adults will enjoy it.. You have my word “)
It’s a very easy and fast recipe to prepare.. Not to mention how delicious it is! I had half of the plate, my husband ate a few pieces and even Emilio got to try it!
If I had kids it would be more satisfying cooking big meals…
It’s one of my passions and I don’t get to do it too often.
Below you will find all the steps to prepare this sensational holiday dessert. You can also watch my video for more details:
TOTAL TIME: 0:40
SERVES: 10-12 SERVINGS
- 3 fuji apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 c. water
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. Sanding sugar
- Caramel, for dip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel, core and chopped the apples in fine cubes. In a medium bowl, squeeze lemon juice on apples to keep them from browning.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine water with brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla cornstarch, and salt. Mix until fully combined.
- Add apples to the pan and boil the mixture , stirring often. Cook until apples are tender, about 10 minutes. Let them chill.
- Lay one pie crust out on prepared baking sheet. Spread apple mixture onto pie crust, and top with a second pie crust.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Use a pizza cutter to cut into fry shapes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until crust is golden. Serve with caramel for dipping.
Cook all the ingredients till the apples get tender. Around 10 min.
Lay on one pie crust the apple mixture and cover with another pie crust.
Bake for 20 min until golden at 400 degrees.
Let them chill for a few minutes.
Serve and enjoy with Caramel dip.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Please leave me a comment below if you’d like to see more recipes.
I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving day with your loved ones.
Much love, Naty